Friday, August 12, 2011

I have eggs in my fresh water tank and I'm not sure which fish has laid them, how can I determine?

I have 2 tiger barbs, 2 neon tetras, 1 angel fish, 3 black tetra, 2 kind of orange fish that may be of the barb family, not sure which they are. This is the second time that eggs have been deposited on one of the leaves. The first time they were clear than turned white with in 2 days then disappeared, I think they were eaten. This time a dropped a net over them and they are still on the leaf, they have turned white, but they look a little clouded with a slime. Not sure if they died and are now decomposing? How long should I wait before I take them out of the tank. They have been there for about a week. My tank is a 55 gal. and I have always had an aquarium, have had live birth before but never eggs. The tank water was a little high so I turned it down slightly. HELP! Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment