Saturday, August 13, 2011

Prong Collars...Why such a huge misconception?

I know many people have asked opinions on prong collars, but I guess my question is for those that are against them why do you have this misconception that it hurts the dog or think it's so inhumane? I feel it's the best tool out there to train your dog not to pull. Chokers, normal collars, halti's, gentle leaders, aren't as effective. Where the prong collar the dog will immediately stop pulling to where he won't even start pulling. If you train properly and give them a voice command to stop they most likely will bc if he doesn't listen they know they'll get a "pop". My pup has gone to training and so on and will continue it. I'm at the point where I don't need the prong on him but it's a sense of security that if he tries to bolt somewhere I can give him a quick "pop" and he'll stop going after whatever he was running towards to begin with. So anyhow he doesn't need it anymore but i dont understand why people freak out when they see it on a dog that is walkin fine and is happy as ever

No comments:

Post a Comment